VIG Insurance Group at a glance
Together, the VIG companies form the leading insurance group in Central and Eastern Europe. VIG Holding is headquartered in Vienna and manages and supports over 50 insurance companies and pension funds. The roots of the Group reach back to the year 1824.
Who is VIG?
The insurance companies are established in their respective regional markets and their roughly 29,000 employees provide the best possible protection against the risks of day-to-day life for roughly 28 million customers.
The VIG strategy is aimed at achieving sustainable profitable growth. It relies on diversity as a success factor. The wealth of different languages, cultures and entrepreneurial approaches ensures the greatest possible proximity to customers and promotes innovation and creativity.
Diversity creates added value
in the CEE region
insurance companies and pension funds
years of experience in the Group
went public in
first expansion step into the former Czechoslovakia
rating with stable outlook from Standard & Poor’s
VIG’s reports are colourful because VIG is colourful. The rounded, colourful sections of the Annual Report and the Sustainability Report represent the markets in which we operate. VIG places value on decentralised structures, local entrepreneurship and high levels of autonomy on the part of the insurance companies. Diversity is a core value of the Group – and is a key success factor, even in turbulent times.
Four good reasons to invest in VIG:
- Broad portfolio with growth potential
- Insurance solutions in the property/casualty, life and health business across approx. 30 countries
- Over 30 years of M&A experience in the CEE region
- Organic and inorganic grown initiatives to further expand VIG’s leading market position
- Financial stability
- “A+” rating with stable outlook from Standard & Poor’s
- Solvency ratio of 280% in 2022
- Continuous dividend distribution every year since 1994
- Proven management principles ensure customer proximity
- Local entrepreneurship for taking quick, flexible action on the market
- Multi-channel distribution to exploit all sales opportunities
- Multi-brand policy for ensuring broad appeal in relation to target groups
- Conservative investment and reinsurance policies create trust
- Sustainability as an integral part of our business model with own strategy since 2017
- Innovative products and services that offer social and environmental added value for as many parts of the population as possible
- Consideration of environmental and social criteria for investments and underwriting
- Diversity strategy promotes inclusion and equal opportunity
More information is available in the Sustainability Report 2022 or at www.vig.com/corporate-responsibility.
VIG country portfolio
VIG Insurance Group divides its region into two areas. First, the region of Central and Eastern Europe, which consists of 20 countries, including Austria, whose long-term growth opportunities will be exploited. Second, ten special markets where objectives specific to each market will be pursued. Four of these countries (Germany, Georgia, Liechtenstein and Türkiye) are in the “Special Markets” reportable segment.